video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCMOpnx6r8&t=2045s (Links to an external site.)Links to an external
Watch the above video and answer the questions. Thanks
1. What did Malinowski believe was the critical new field of study for anthropology? What did he strive to better understand?
2. What was revolutionary about his approach?
3. What did Malinowski find to be the benefits of living among the people?
4. What did Malinowski believe was the function of social institutions?
5. How did the Trobriand Islanders understand magic?
6. How does Malinowski describe magic?
7. What confounded Malinowski about these people's understanding of magic?
8. Explain the practice of the Kula Ring. What is the value of this practice? What does it mean to this society?
9. When a partner in The Kula Ring receives a gift, what is his emotional response? What does this mean?
10. Who receives a valuable necklace once it has been acquired? Why? What would happen if this rule were broken?
Recently Asked Questions
- Under the reign of colonial governments anthropology were given In order to conduct their research
- Why is education important in the field of anthropology?
- If there is uncover a fossilized skull and leg bone in sedimentary rock briefly what would be the process of fossilization of the skull and leg bone and how