11) Suppose that an airplane passenger whose itinerary requires a change of airplanes in Ankara, Turkey, has a 4% chance of losing each piece of his or her luggage independently. Suppose that the probability of losing each piece of luggage in this way is 5% at Da Vinci airport in Rome, 5% at Kennedy airport in New York, and 4% at OHare airport in Chicago. Dr. May travels from Bombay to San Francisco with one piece of luggage in the baggage compartment. He changes airplanes in Ankara, Rome, New York, and Chicago. (a) What is the probability that his luggage does not reach his destination with him? (b) If the luggage does not reach his destination with him, what is the probability that it was lost at Da Vinci airport in Rome?
13) Label your answers using the proper notation. Consider the data set 5, 7, 4, 3,10. a) Compute the sample mean. b) Sample variance.
14) Craig borrows $1200 for an unexpected car repair. He arranges to repay the loan in 90 days (3 months) at an annual interest rate of 12% with interest compounded daily. How much will he owe the bank in 90 days? Round to nearest cent.
15) The Welcher Adult Intelligence Test Scale is composed of a number of subtests. On one subtest, the raw scores have a mean of 35 and a standard deviation of 6. Assuming these raw scores form a normal distribution: a. What is the probability of getting a raw score between 41 and 44? b. What is the probability of getting a raw score between 28 and 38? c. An individual is tested 80% what score he has?
Recently Asked Questions
- Choose Bronsted Lowry acids Choose Bronsted Lowry base Salts solution
- 1- Using standard heats of formation, calculate the standard enthalpy change for the following reaction. 2NH 3 (g) + 3N 2 O(g)4N 2 (g) + 3H 2 O(g)
- Your supervisor has asked you to research the following situation concerning Scott and Heather Moore. Scott and Heather are married and file a joint return.