View the step-by-step solution to:

Question

A project was planned using PERT with three time estimates. The expected completion time of the project was

determined to be 40 weeks. The variance of the critical path is 9.

(a) What is the probability that the project will be finished in 40 weeks or less?

(b) What is the probability that the project takes longer than 40 weeks?

(c) What is the probability that the project will be finished in 46 weeks or less?

(d) What is the probability that the project will take longer than 46 weeks?

(e) The project manager wishes to set the due date for the completion of the project so that there is a 90% chance of finishing on schedule. Thus, there would only be a 10% chance the project would take longer than this due date. What should this due date be?

Top Answer

All answer to the five... View the full answer

Sign up to view the full answer

Why Join Course Hero?

Course Hero has all the homework and study help you need to succeed! We’ve got course-specific notes, study guides, and practice tests along with expert tutors.

  • -

    Study Documents

    Find the best study resources around, tagged to your specific courses. Share your own to gain free Course Hero access.

    Browse Documents
  • -

    Question & Answers

    Get one-on-one homework help from our expert tutors—available online 24/7. Ask your own questions or browse existing Q&A threads. Satisfaction guaranteed!

    Ask a Question