1. The unit of distance called the parsec is equal to how many light years?
2. A parsec is equal to how many Astronomical Units?
3. How many Astronomical Units is Earth from the Sun?
4. What is the Sloan Great Wall and how big is it?
5. How does the size of the Sloan Great Wall compare to a cluster of galaxies?
6. Approximately, how many galaxies are gravitationally bound in the Local Group of galaxies?
7. Where in the universe is our Milky Way Galaxy located?
8. What is Olber's paradox?
9. How did Hubble's Law resolve Olber's paradox?
10. What observations suggest that the universe is expanding?
11. What is Hubble's constant?
12. What do the observations of Type I supernovae suggest regarding the expansion of the universe?
13. Is the matter identified in the periodic table of elements a form of dark matter?
14. What is the relative abundance of different kinds of energy in the universe in the Big Bang cosmological model?
15. How old are the dimensions of space and time?
16. Does science have a successful model to describe the universe during the Planck era?
17. Do hydrogen nuclei form before or after the first second of the evolution of the cosmos?
18. Did fusion reactions in the early universe stop because the temperature of the universe was too great or too low?
19. Does the universe contain more dark matter or more ordinary matter (atomic)?
20. How have the forces of nature changed over time?
The way to approach this... View the full answer