Put the items in the correct order.
Below is a sequence of events. Place them in the order they should
occur, number 1 being the first item.
Items to order:
1. The core of the first star collapses to become a white dwarf star
2. The second star is ejected
3. Two main sequence stars are in a binary pair
4. The common envelope of gas is ejected
5. The more massive star of the binary pair becomes a giant star
6. The second star becomes a giant star and gas from it spills onto the white dwarf companion
7. Gas from the giant star spills onto the main sequence star creating a common gas envelope
8. The mass of the white dwarf exceeds a certain limit and a Type Ia Supernova occurs
Recently Asked Questions
- The reason that the terrestrial planets have little to no free hydrogen or helium in their atmospheres is because: a.their escape velocities are too low b.it
- Energy in the Sun's core is generated by the nuclear fusion of hydrogen to form helium. This process is known as: a.the r-Process b.the Weak Nuclear Force
- Alpha Centauri is the closest star system to the Sun and is about 4 light years away. If we received a message from an extraterrestrial civilization inhabiting