In the kidney, the vasa recta…
a.ensure that blood leaving the medulla has the same volume as blood entering the medulla.
b.are permeable to water in their descending limbs, but impermeable to water in their ascending limbs.
c.maintain a high concentration of NaCl in the medulla.
d.actively transport Na+ ions into the interstitial fluid.
A woman runs a marathon in 90 ºF weather and replaces all volume lost in sweat by drinking distilled water. After the marathon, she will have…
- a.decreased total body water (total volume of water in her body).
- b.decreased hematocrit (percentage of blood volume occupied by red blood cells).
- c.decreased plasma osmolarity.
- d.increased intracellular osmolarity.
- e.decreased intracellular fluid volume.
1- c.maintain a high... View the full answer