In our lab this week, we will explore individual behaviors at home and work that we might change in order to live more sustainably and with less impact upon the environment; this is one excellent way we can all take greater responsibility for our environment. Another means of doing this is to write a letter to someone influential or someone who can get your ideas out to lots of other people. Our final class discussion will involve a letter that you write to a newspaper editor or to a legislator, concerning an environmental issue related to one of the concepts we have covered in this course. Once you have selected your topic and target audience, formulate a rationale for a statement about the topic or proposed legislation. Keep the rationale of your argument grounded in evidence-based thinking -- this is not an emotional appeal. (You are expected to cite and reference at least two credible or scholarly sources in your letter.)
Example topics may include: persuade others (in your community or industry) to adopt one of the sustainable practices we have discussed, describe a proposal for reducing pollution, write an argument for or against a practice or piece of legislation being considered (at any level of government), or write a letter of support (or criticism) about a particular group's research or conservation efforts.
- The letter has to be addressed to the editor of a newspaper or one of your legislators, expressing your opinion and persuading others to accept your ideas.
- Include references to at least two sources supporting your ideas.
****I am located in Florida, in case you need to know the community and environment I am in
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the nurse’s ethical obligation related to competence? If you can, please relate to situations you have witnessed/experienced in your clinical/work
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Assignment1.pdf.
- How can nurses who lack competence in one area of nursing strengthen their knowledge and skills? If you can, please relate to situations you have