Please can someone please help answer these question that is due 4/4/18 @ 2pm Thank You.
Reflexes and Functions
Select three of the following questions and submit your response. Be sure to identify which questions you are answering in your submission.
1. Which type of reflexes are indicative of brain damage? How are they different from the reflexes that indicate spinal cord damage?
2. What would happen if there were more than one axon in a neuron?
3. Would it be a problem if there were only one dendrite?
4. Why does the speed of the action potential matter?
5. Why do we have myelinated axons?
Suppose the Na/K pumps of nerve cells were to slow down due to a metabolic disorder. How would this affect the resting membrane potentials of neurons? Explain. The local anesthetics tetracaine and procaine (Novocaine) prevent voltage regulated Na gates from opening. Explain why this would block the conduction of pain signals in a sensory nerve.
2. What would happen if there were more than one axon in a neuron? In the event that there were many axons projecting... View the full answer