Design a fabrication process for a device capable of closed-loop control of glucose, pH, and lactate from a cell culture petri dish. The device should be able to:
- Extract a small volume of the solution from the dish.
- Perform the pH, glucose and lactate sensing on the extracted solution utilizing a parallel process.
- Deliver the required amount of compound to maintain a steady concentration of each analyte.
- Perform intracellular sensing of glucose, pH, and lactate from a selected cell in the petri dish.
Your answer should consist of:
1- Present your approach and the reasoning behind your design in one page.
2- Draw the overall cross section of the system, labeling each part and its approximate dimension both in terms of thickness and lateral size.
a) Describe each section's working mechanics; see below for some examples that can be incorporated into your design if applicable.
- Glucose sensing is performed with a transistor, based on enzymatic reaction process. This process involves immobilization of the glucose oxidase enzyme at the transistor gate.
- Solution is drawn into 3 separate chambers using high surface energy contrast paths generated by a self-assembly monolayer (SAM) that creates a hydrophobic/hydrophilic surface.
- Protons are delivered to the dish using an electrochemical ion pump made from conducting polymers
b) Describe your choice of material for each layer and its critical properties.
3- Draw the step-by-step fabrication process of the device, including the method of process, the reasoning behind your choice, and the characterization method for the process.
Recently Asked Questions
- How do i check this answer ? ï»¿ w=5.6 ï»¿ Explanation: Given: ï»¿ -2.4w-8.24=8-5.3w ï»¿ Now, after removing the decimals, this expression can be
- Create a metrics subsection to your paper. In this section create a "Metrics Dashboard" and document your work's major workflow with perceived WIP
- Reasons why gender roles continue to be advanced and followed. Consequences of continuing to follow gender roles.