Find a report in the popular media that is reporting on a scientific study involving an association between two variables that is being expressed as "risk". The do the following:
- Identify the association or risk being reported.
- Determine if the association is being reported as an absolute or relative risk.
- Make a judgment as to whether or not you think the association/risk is being report fairly and accurately or if you believe the report is misleading and/or communicates a degree of "hype".
Recently Asked Questions
- Consider a M/M/1/∞ system, where λ = 1 pkt/s and μ = 2 pkt/s (that is, the system has an infinite buffer) a) Compute the expected total delay experienced
- Consider a M/M/1/K system with arrival rate λ = 1 pkt/s and service rate μ = 2 pkt/s. a) Set K=1 and compute the probability Pb that a packet will be dropped
- Adam Granger operates a kiosk in downtown Chicago, at which he sells one style of baseball hat. He buys the hats from a supplier for $20 and sells them for