The following sentences describe an argument in favor of macroevolution as an opportunistic, rather than goal-oriented process.
- The virion population shifts toward AZT susceptible, and AZT is again an effective treatment.
- HIV is a virus that causes AIDS and relies on reverse transcriptase to make copies of itself inside human immune cells. During virus replication, transcription errors ensue and the reverse transcriptase gene is mutated.
- Virions carrying the mutated reverse transcriptase gene are resistant to the antiretroviral drug AZT.
- The remaining virions are not resistant to AZT, but are resistant to the new antiretroviral drug.
- The virion population shifts to becoming predominantly AZT-resistant.
- Treatment with AZT is halted and a new antiretroviral drug is used that destroys AZT-resistant virions.
- Virions resistant to AZT survive and pass on their mutant copy of the reverse transcriptase gene.
Recently Asked Questions
- what claim did Albert Gonzalez make when appealing his case?
- Rick consumes 2 goods, Chicken McNuggets (M) with Szechuan sauce (S). His utility function is U(M, S) = M^(2/3)S^(1/3) and his income is m. The price of
- Which of the following procedures in the cash disbursements cycle should not be performed by the accounts payable department ?