I need assistance with this question
We are exploring sensitivity and specificity this week. This can let you know the limitations of a test for a disease. More and more labs, hospitals, and public health agencies are moving to molecular methods to test for disease, but often for screening tests we use test like EIA or other rapid immunogenic tests.
Select a disease
- Find the prevalence of that disease in the US
- Find a screening test for that disease and the manufacturer's reported sensitivity and specificity
- Apply that proportion to a random population of 100,000 people
- Calculate the predictive positive value and the predictive negative value
- Answer the question: Does it make sense to screen for this disease using this test and based on the natural history of the disease why or why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- Now that we have learned about the Scientific Method, you will design a simple experiment. The experiment must be based on the Scientific Method, and the data
- Using MatLab to solving regression with norm. Refomulats into a linear program, and calls linprog to get the solution
- Discuss the most common problems with profiling and how a plan might address those problems.