A male student that attends a 4 year College majoring in Arts and music felt sick for a day with diarrhea he took some medication and felt fine. 8 days later he had a second round of diarrhea this time it was much worse and lasted most of the day. Again with somewhat more medication he was fine. 5 days later he had a 3rd round of diarrhea that was much worse and included vomiting. He was bed ridden the next day his symptoms continued with fever
1. What disease does he have? Name the causative agent.
2. How did he become infected with this microbe? Explain the pathogenesis of this disease.
3. What is the virulence factor and how would you treat this disease?
4. How would the immune system deal with this case and why?
5. Why Doctors could only treat the symptoms before and not the disease and why death may result from it?
Introduction Gastroenteritis is a diarrheal disease caused by bacteria fungi, viruses and sometimes parasites. the causes... View the full answer
Sign up to view the full answer
Answer 1: The patient is suffering from intestinal infection also known as gastroenteritis. It is commonly caused by various... View the full answer