True or False
1. The brain stem consists of the mesencephalon, pons, and medulla oblongata.
2. The dura mater is the outermost of the 3 meninges.
3. The job of the CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) is to transport nutrients, chemical messengers, and waste products throughout the CNS.
4. Cranial nerves carry either sensory or motor messages, but never both.
5. Cranial nerve X is a mixed nerve that is vital to the autonomic control of viscera.
6. Sweat glands, adrenal glands, and smooth muscle found in blood vessels receive only parasympathetic innervation.
7. The left ventricle of the heart has a thinner myocardial wall than the right ventricle.
8. Pulmonary veins carry deoxygenated blood to the right side of the heart.
9. Reclaimed ECF is returned to the arterial circulation at the right and left thoracic ducts.
10. Lymph nodes are randomly placed throughout the body and in greatest quantity adjacent to serous membranes.
11. Dermatome sensitivity or lack thereof is an indication of spinal cord/nerve injury or damage.
12.. The inner ear helps the body to sense sound and maintain balance.
13. All sensory stimuli must be transformed into electrochemical impulses before they can be perceived by the CNS.
14. All capillary beds are identical in their degree of permeability regardless of where they are found in the body.
15.Venous return to the heart is largely dependent on skeletal muscle activity.
16. At any given time most of the body's blood reservoir is found within the venous circulation.
17.The movement of air into and out of the lungs is called respiration.
18. Changing pressure gradients allow for inhalation and exhalation of air.
19. All WBC's are phagocytic and able to secrete antibodies.
20.)There are 3 circulatory routes within the cardiovascular system.
21. The pancreas is both an endocrine and exocrine organ.
22.The small and large intestine are structurally different but functionally the same.
23. External sphincter muscles allow for voluntary voiding of urine and feces.
24.) The nephron is the functional unit of the kidney.
25.) The liver is responsible for storing and secreting bile into the duodenum.
True True False --> also protects and supports the brain and spinal cord; and is only found around the brain and in the... View the full answer