4. Key Concept: How does a gustatory cell transduce a chemical taste into a nerve signal?
A _________ stimulus depolarizes the _________ cell's membrane which opens _________ channels. _________ ions trigger the release of _________ , which produce an _________ in the axon of the _________ _________ associated with the _________ cell.
5. Key Concept: What are the accessary structures of the eye and what are their functions?
The accessary structures are the _________ , eyebrows, eyelashes, posterior to these are the _________ , _________ apparatus, and _________ eye muscles. The first five _________ the eye, and the _________ eye muscles move the eyeball.
6. Key Concept: What are the three layers of the eyeball and what are their functions?
The three layers, from superficial to deep, are the _________ layer (maintains the shape of the eyeball and lets light in through the transparent _________ ), _________ layer (blood vessels and _________ to reduce the scattering of light), and _________ layer (_________ that detect light and produce a neural signal). The ________ layer also produces specialized structures such as the _________ and _________ body.
Recently Asked Questions
- A water pipe with an inside diameter of 1 divided by 2 1/2 inches is 70 feet long in its run from the hot-water tank to the faucet. How much hot water is
- In today's business environment, more and more people entering the work force are more concerned with "free time" versus potentially higher salaries. What is
- Essay Question Describe the interplay between British actions (5points) and colonial responses (5points) that led up to the American Revolutionary War. Why