A 26-year-old female complained of severe, dull, aching pain, and cramping in the lower abdomen. There were no other physical findings. A laparoscopy revealed the presence of ectopic endometrial tissue on the uterine wall and ovaries. Danazol (a synthetic androgen and inhibitor of gonadotropins), 600 mg/day, was prescribed for up to nine months to inhibit ovulation, suppress the growth of the abnormal endometrial tissue, and achieve appreciable symptomatic relief, with a 30% possibility of conception after withdrawal of the therapy.
1a. What is this condition called?
1b. What causes it?
2. What is ectopic endometrial tissue?
3. What is the rationale for using danazol, a gonadotropin inhibitor?
ANSWER SHOULD BE IN DETAIL
Recently Asked Questions
- Federal government loan guarantees include the following : I ) housing II ) airlines III ) shipowners and shipyards IV ) steel companies V ) oil and gas
- Assume that a 3-year Treasury note has no maturity premium , and that the real , risk-free rate of interest is 3 percent . If the T-note carries a yield to
- In her landmark case , Evelyn Gregory found that