- Which is not one of the models for the origin of life on earth?
a. panspermia hypothesis
b. formation in an organic soup
c. chemistry mimicking hydrothermal vents
d. assembly of generation hypothesis
- Which is the correct order for the formation of life based on the organic soup model?
I. amino acids
a. I, IV, III, V, II
b. I, III, IV, V, II
c. III, I, IV, V, II
d. III, I, IV, II, V
- Which is Miller and Urey's theorized source of energy for the formation of organic molecules?
a. electrical storms
b. volcanic heat
c. UV rays
- Which is a critical characteristic of RNA that makes it possibly the first genetic material?
a. RNA is found in all organisms.
b. RNA can act as an enzyme.
c. RNA is more conserved than DNA.
d. RNA is single stranded.
- Which cellular component is necessary for the formation of protobionts?
c. plasma membrane
d. assembly of generation hypothesis a. I,... View the full answer
- c. Electrical storms
- Feb 05, 2019 at 8:59am