1. Describe the structure and selective function of the phospholipid bilayer
and the overall structure of a cell membrane; include specifics on the types of biomolecules you can find in/on the cell membrane and their function and structure.
2. Know the types of molecules that can easily pass through the membrane, and those that need assistance. What are the names of the different transmembrane proteins that assist and how are they structured?
3. Know the difference between diffusion and osmosis and the inherent property in all matter that allows this phenomenon to occur.
4. Describe the results of animal and plant cells that are immersed in hypo/hyper/iso tonic solutions.
5. Describe the difference between active and passive transport across the membrane. Why do cells engage in active transport?