1. What are the blending and particulate hypotheses? What sorts of traits (think modes of inheritance,
types of dominance) supported these two hypotheses respectively?
2. What were some advantages Mendel had in studying pea plants as opposed to other organisms?
3. In the context of genetics, what does hybridization refer to?
4. Understand the six different models of inheritance; be able to compare and contrast them
5. Be able to do simple one or two trait crosses using both Punnett Squares and probability methods.
6. Compare and contrast between codominance and incomplete dominance. Give an example of each.
7. Give an example of a gene that has more than two alleles.
8. What distinguishes pleiotropy from epistasis?
9. Give an example of a gene by environment interaction.
10. What is a pedigree? Be able to read one.
11. Give an example of a recessively inherited human trait. Given an example of a dominantly inherited human trait.
Answer 1 Blending hypothesis: According to this hypothesis, traits of two parents are blended to produce an offspring which... View the full answer