1. In describing evolution by natural selection, Darwin made two crucial observations and drew 2
important conclusions (inferences) from them. List and explain these four parts to his argument.
2. A number of other scientists and historians made important contributions to evolutionary theory before Darwin's time. Know who contributed what based on our lecture material.
3. List and describe three examples of natural observations of evolution in response to selection.
4. What is homology in the context of traits? Give an example of homology.
5. What is convergent evolution? Does it give rise to homology?
ANSWER 1: Important observations of Darwin: Four important observations are drawn by Darwin in the theory of evolution by... View the full answer