Specific Lab Instructions
Go to: Survey Methods for African Elephants
Read the "Why Study Elephants" page and answer the following questions:
1. What is the question that scientists are trying to address with this study?
2. What is a potential hypothesis for an experiment involving these elephants?
3. Elephants are considered to be a keystone species. What does that mean?
4. Name three elephant activities or functions that justify the term "keystone species" and describe how the activity changes African ecosystems.
Change in Ecosystem
5. Why have elephant populations been declining for the past several decades?
Click on the Species Range
First question ask about what what scientist are going to get from study they are going get to get exact population and... View the full answer