· Resource: Ch. 9 of Bioinquiry
· Read Ch. 9, section 9.1, How Did Life Originate?
· Research an additional theory about the origin of life on Earth other than the one summarized under Piecing It Together on p. 247 of the text.
· Use the following key words and Web sites to assist you with your search:
Origin of life
Hydrothermal vent and origin of life
o Post a 300- to 400-word response to the following: Describe both theories, the one summarized in Piecing It Together on p. 247 and the one you researched. Then compare both theories, evaluate and explain which one is more sound and why. A sound theory is logical (the arguments and conclusion are consistent) and supported by data.
This question was asked on Mar 17, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- Look at a social problem that exists today (homelessness, drug abuse, racism, sexism are examples) and do some RESEARCH about efforts to solve the problem in
- The brain mass of a fetus can be estimated using the total mass of the fetus by the function b=0.22m^0.87, where m is the mass of the fetus in grams and b is
- 9.20) according to data released by the word bank, the mean PM10 ( particulate matter) concentration of the city of Kabul, Afghanistan, in 1999 was 46.