1. Functions of epithelia include all of the following except
a. providing physical protection.
b. controlling permeability.
d producing specialized secrections
e. storing energy reserves.
2. A type of intercellular connection in which there is a partial fusion of the lipid portions of two cell membranes is termed a
a. tight junction
b. gap junction
c. intermediate junction
e. none of the above
3. The only example of unicellar exocrine glands are
a. mammary glands
b. sweat glands
d. sebaceous cells
e. serous cells
4. An epidermal layer found only in the skin of the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet is the
a. stratum corneum
b. stratum lucidum
c stratum basale
5. name the protein that infiltrates epithelial cells of the epidermis
Recently Asked Questions
- While security awareness in employees is important, well-educated employees do not play a significant role in the reduction of risk.
- The professor is placing the following question! Consider an organization that is familiar. Briefly describe the organization, and then answer the following
- I need help with these steps. I am confused at this moment.