1)Freshly oxygenated blood is first received by the
a. right ventricle b. left ventricle c. right atrium d. left atrium
2)Given an end-diastolic volume of 150 ml, an end systolic volume of 50 ml, and a heart rate of 60 bpm, the cardiac output is
a. 600 ml/min b. 6 liters/min c. 1200 ml/min d. 3 liters
3)Which of the following depolarizes next after the AV node?
a. Atrial myocardium b. Ventricular myocardium c. Bundle branches d. AV bundle
4) During atrial systole:
a. the artrial pressure exceeds ventricular pressure b. 70 percent of ventricular filling occurs c. The AV valves are open d. valves prevent backflow inot the great veins
5) Atrial repoarization conincides in time with the:
a. P wave b. T wave c. QRS wave d. P-Q interval
6) Soon after the onset of ventricular systole the:
a. AV valves close b. semilunar valves open c. first heart sound is heard d. aortic pressure increases
7) The base of the heart is its______ surface
a. diaphragmatic b. posterior c. anterior d. inferior
8) In comparing a parallel artery and vein, you would find that:
a. the artery wall is thicker b. the artery diameter is greater c. the artery lumen is smaller d. the artery endothelium is thicker
9) Considering the vessels named pulmonary trunk and celiac trunk, the term trunk must refer to:
a. a vessel in the heart wall b. a vein c. a capillary d. a large artery from which other arteries branch
10) Which of these vessels is bilaterally symmetrical ( I.e., one vessel of the pair occurs on each side of the body)?
a. internal carotid artery b. brachiocephalic trunk c. Azygos vein d. superior mesenteric vein
11) A stroke that occludes a posterior cerebral artery will most likely affect:
a. hearing b. vision c. smell d. higher thought processes
12) Vessels involved in the circulatory pathway to and from the brain are the
a. brachiocephalic artery b. subclavian artery c. internal jugular vein d. internal carotid artery
13) Which layer of the arter wall thickens most in atherosclerosis?
a. tunica media b. tunica interna c. tunica adventitia d. tunica externa
14) Which of the following are associated with aging?
a. increasing blood pressure b. weakiening of venous valves c. arteriosclerosis d. stenosis of the ductus arteriosus
15) an increase in BP would be causes by all of the following except:
a. increase in SV b. increase in heart rate c. increase in the length of ventricular diastole d. constriction of the arterioles
Recently Asked Questions
- Explain linkages between traffic, industry, air pollution and environmental justice in the Bay Area. What potential solutions can you envision?
- elaborating on the five elements leaders provide that contribute to a HIGH-PERFORMANCE team by DAFT and how these elements relate to the multiple-linkage model
- I feel like this question could be true or false. Would really appreciate any help understanding it. Thx so much! A firm should continue to invest in capital