Answer the following questions in fewer than 100 words:
1. Describe the phenotypes that you observed in the F1 cross.
All F1 offspring from this cross between homozygous parents should show wild-type phenotype, although the genotype of offspring will be heterozygous for brown eye, the wild eye trait is dominant.
2. Describe the phenotypes that you observed in the testcross.
The wild-type trait is a dominant gene; therefore, all F1 offspring will have the wild –type phenotype.
3. What was the phenotypic ratio for the offspring resulting from this testcross?
Based on Mendelian genetics,
4. Based on this phenotypic ratio, was the F1 wild-type female homozygous or heterozygous for the eye color allele? Explain your answer.
5. Based on this phenotypic ratio, was the F1 wild-type female homozygous or heterozygous for the body color allele? Explain your answer.
Address the following points in a 100-to 200-word summary:
• Summarize the general principles and purpose of the lab.
• Explain how this lab helped you better understand the topics and concepts addressed this week.
• Describe what you found challenging about this lab.
• Describe what you found interesting about this lab.
Recently Asked Questions
- Hi tutor I need your help in this assignment, before deadline. I need help in few questions, I'am not able to find enough information about the company's
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from BIOL_182_module_03_assignment_03.pdf.
- A firm has 5,000,000 shares of common stock outstanding, each with a market price of $8.00 per share. It has 25,000 bonds outstanding, each selling for $1100