1. Describe the phenotypes that you observed in the F1 cross.
All F1 offspring from this cross between homozygous parents should show wild-type phenotype, although the genotype of offspring will be heterozygous for brown eye, the wild eye trait is dominant.
2. Describe the phenotypes that you observed in the testcross.
The wild-type trait is a dominant gene; therefore, all F1 offspring will have the wild –type phenotype.
3. What was the phenotypic ratio for the offspring resulting from this testcross?
Based on Mendelian genetics,
4. Based on this phenotypic ratio, was the F1 wild-type female homozygous or heterozygous for the eye color allele? Explain your answer.
5. Based on this phenotypic ratio, was the F1 wild-type female homozygous or heterozygous for the body color allele? Explain your answer.
Address the following points in a 100-to 200-word summary:
• Summarize the general principles and purpose of the lab.
• Explain how this lab helped you better understand the topics and concepts addressed this week.
• Describe what you found challenging about this lab.
• Describe what you found interesting about this lab.
We need you to clarify your question for our tutors! Clarification request: Dear Student, We appreciate... View the full answer