Original DNA Strand:
Transcription (base sequence of RNA):
Translation (amino acid sequence):
What is the significance of the first and last codons?
What meaning do these codons have for protein synthesis? Explanation:
Transcribe the Mutations of RNA:
Transcriptions of Mutations:
Translations of Mutations (amino acid sequences for each):
Does the protein sequence change for either of these examples? If so, how? Response:
Explain in general why a change in amino acid sequence might affect protein function.
a. Chances (%) for healthy child, not a carrier
b. Chances (%) for child that is carrier for cystic fibrosis trait
c. Chances (%) for child with cystic fibrosis
Fill out/adapt Punnett Square:
a. Chances (%) for healthy child, not a carrier:
b. % for child that is carrier for cystic fibrosis trait:
c. % for child with cystic fibrosis:
How do both meiosis and sexual reproduction (fertilization) produce offspring that differ genetically from the parents?
• Include steps in meiosis that increase variability
• Include the process of fertilization. Explanation:
Recently Asked Questions
- Jane has £500 a week to spend on food and clothing. The price of food is £10 and the price of clothing is £25. Which of the following pairs of food and
- An important problem in industry is shipment damage. A windshield factory ships its product by truck and determines that it cannot meet its profit expectations
- Which of the following is true of user permissions? Question 6 options: Setting permissions requires a delicate balance between restriction and granting They