Original DNA Strand:
Transcription (base sequence of RNA):
Translation (amino acid sequence):
What is the significance of the first and last codons?
What meaning do these codons have for protein synthesis? Explanation:
Transcribe the Mutations of RNA:
Transcriptions of Mutations:
Translations of Mutations (amino acid sequences for each):
Does the protein sequence change for either of these examples? If so, how? Response:
Explain in general why a change in amino acid sequence might affect protein function.
a. Chances (%) for healthy child, not a carrier
b. Chances (%) for child that is carrier for cystic fibrosis trait
c. Chances (%) for child with cystic fibrosis
Fill out/adapt Punnett Square:
a. Chances (%) for healthy child, not a carrier:
b. % for child that is carrier for cystic fibrosis trait:
c. % for child with cystic fibrosis:
How do both meiosis and sexual reproduction (fertilization) produce offspring that differ genetically from the parents?
• Include steps in meiosis that increase variability
• Include the process of fertilization. Explanation:
This question was asked on Nov 23, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- You put 1 L of water into a pot and put it on the stove to boil. You suspend a thermometer in the water. Can the temperature of the water ever read above 100
- Good Morning! Could someone help me with this AP Gov assignment please? I really appreciate it!
- The mean of the commute time to work for a resident of a certain city is 28.3 minutes. Assume that the standard deviation of the commute time is 6.6 minutes to