Original DNA Strand:
Transcription (base sequence of RNA):
Translation (amino acid sequence):
What is the significance of the first and last codons?
What meaning do these codons have for protein synthesis? Explanation:
Transcribe the Mutations of RNA:
Transcriptions of Mutations:
Translations of Mutations (amino acid sequences for each):
Does the protein sequence change for either of these examples? If so, how? Response:
Explain in general why a change in amino acid sequence might affect protein function.
a. Chances (%) for healthy child, not a carrier
b. Chances (%) for child that is carrier for cystic fibrosis trait
c. Chances (%) for child with cystic fibrosis
Fill out/adapt Punnett Square:
a. Chances (%) for healthy child, not a carrier:
b. % for child that is carrier for cystic fibrosis trait:
c. % for child with cystic fibrosis:
How do both meiosis and sexual reproduction (fertilization) produce offspring that differ genetically from the parents?
• Include steps in meiosis that increase variability
• Include the process of fertilization. Explanation:
Recently Asked Questions
- Consider a simple process that makes two kinds of shakes: strawberry and banana. Demand for strawberry shakes is 10 gallons per hour, while demand for banana
- Global Business Management Week 5 Assignment 2 Assignment 2: Dropbox Assignment This assignment is divided into two parts based on marketing strategies. Part I
- All the following activities are part of the planning stage of an audit except: A. Audit scheduling and time estimates B. Preliminary surveys C. Determining