Original DNA Strand:
Transcription (base sequence of RNA):
Translation (amino acid sequence):
What is the significance of the first and last codons?
What meaning do these codons have for protein synthesis? Explanation:
Transcribe the Mutations of RNA:
Transcriptions of Mutations:
Translations of Mutations (amino acid sequences for each):
Does the protein sequence change for either of these examples? If so, how? Response:
Explain in general why a change in amino acid sequence might affect protein function.
a. Chances (%) for healthy child, not a carrier
b. Chances (%) for child that is carrier for cystic fibrosis trait
c. Chances (%) for child with cystic fibrosis
Fill out/adapt Punnett Square:
a. Chances (%) for healthy child, not a carrier:
b. % for child that is carrier for cystic fibrosis trait:
c. % for child with cystic fibrosis:
How do both meiosis and sexual reproduction (fertilization) produce offspring that differ genetically from the parents?
• Include steps in meiosis that increase variability
• Include the process of fertilization. Explanation:
Recently Asked Questions
- Comparative balance sheet accounts of Marcus Inc. are presented below. MARCUS INC. COMPARATIVE BALANCE SHEET ACCOUNTS AS OF DECEMBER 31, 2014 AND 2013 December
- Let me know if any one can help in this... Explain the term regression. Create an example with twoi variabnles. Explain the regression results.
- Discusses some of the environmental downsides of affluence, comfort, and development. What are some of these downsides?