2. Blood pressure is expressed in millimeters of mercury (mm Hg).
3. Blood pressure ____________________.
A) is an important indicator of cardiovascular health.
B) results when blood flow encounters vessel wall resistance.
C) of 120 mm Hg is equivalent to a pressure exerted on a column of mercury 120 mm high.
D) All answers are correct.
4. Which of the following generates continuous blood flow?
A) Vasodilatation and constriction of the muscular arteries
B) Pumping action of the heart
D) All answers are correct
5. ________ blood flow is due to the friction between the blood and the vessel walls.
6. Blood flows more slowly near the center of the vessel's lumen.
7. The ________ notch occurs due to the closure of the aortic semilunar valve.
8. Blood pressure fluctuates with each heartbeat.
9. A pulse is actually a pressure wave that travels from the heart throughout the veins.
10. Systolic blood pressure ____________________.
A) is the maximum pressure exerted by the blood against the artery walls.
B) is the result of ventricular diastole followed by atrial diastole.
C) All answers are correct.
D) is normally about 50 mm Hg.
11. A typical normal diastolic arterial blood pressure would be ____________________.
A) 0 mm Hg.
B) 80 mm Hg.
C) 120 mm Hg.
D) 50 mm Hg.
12. A ______ pressure is the difference between arterial systolic and diastolic pressures.
13. Mean arterial pressure (MAP) = Diastolic Pressure + Pulse Pressure.
14. Mean arterial pressure ____________________.
A) is the force that propels the blood through the arteries.
B) is a calculated average pressure in the veins.
C) is closer to the systolic pressure than the diastolic pressure.
D) is also known as pulse pressure.
15. The mean arterial pressure of a patient with a blood pressure of 150/90 mm Hg is ____________________.
A) 70 mmHg
B) 120 mmHg
C) 110 mmHg
D) 0 mmHg
16. When measuring blood pressure, the first sounds that are heard indicate ________ pressure.
17. A blood pressure cuff is inflated to constrict an artery so that no blood flows through it.
18. Turbulent blood flow causes audible sounds.
19. When taking blood pressure, which instrument is used to detect the sounds associated with blood flow?
A) Blood pressure cuff
Recently Asked Questions
- please can anyone help me in the following question.....please provide complete working and answer
- The limbic system rings the A) hypothalamus. B) cingulate. C) cerebellum. D) amygdala. E) thalamus.
- An increase in the growth rate of the money supply raises both real growth and inflation in the long run. TRUE or FALSE