* Complete descriptions of photosynthesis and aerobic respiration.
* Describe how these two processes are linked between plants and animals based on the reactants and products (water, carbon dioxide, glucose and oxygen) of both pathways.
* Include a description of how energy is transferred from sunlight to ATP, from ATP to sugars, and from sugars to your cells.
2. In the absence of oxygen some cells and organisms can use glycolysis coupled to fermentation to produce energy from the sugar created by photosynthesis.
* Explain the role of fermentation in allowing an organism to generate energy for its cell(s) in the absence of oxygen.
* Include any reactions required for this process, and explain how the energy from the sun ends up as chemical energy for the anaerobic organism or cell.
3. Cells use enzymes as biological catalysts to increase or accelerate the rate of reactions, such as those in photosynthesis or glycolysis. This allows reactions to occur under conditions that sustain life.
* Explain how an enzyme catalyzes a reaction. Include in your essay the three main steps of the cycle of enzyme-substrate interactions.
* How is enzyme activity regulated by the cell?
We need you to clarify your question for our tutors! Clarification request: Dear Student, I am currently... View the full answer
Recently Asked Questions
- Which of the following statements concerning the MM extension with growth in NOT correct? a. The value of a growing tax shield is greater than the value of a
- 5/3+2/3x=43/15+6/5x+2/5 the solution is x= type an integer or simplified fraction
- H.M.'s surgery was a success in that A) the incidence of his seizures was markedly reduced. B) his IQ was increased. C) it became possible to reduce the level