Continue with the remaining questions on the back of this page
2. If there was no ECB infestation in a certain year, would a farmer gain or lose financially by planting Bt corn? Explain why?
3. What might happen if Bt corn affects non-target organisms such as beneficial insects or harmless insects?
4. What might happen if ECB became resistant to Bt?
5. Discuss possible benefits and drawbacks of a transgenic organism such as Bt corn?
6. A farmer planted a field of Bt 123 corn and wants to estimate the yield in terms of bushels per acre. He counts 22 ears in 1/1000 of an acre. He determines that each ear has about 700 kernels on average. He also knows that a bushel contains about 90 000 kernels on average. What is the farmer’s estimate of yield in bushels/acre?
Recently Asked Questions
- You are the CFO of a chicken feed production plant. You are in need of a new processing machine that has a purchase price of $245,000. There would be no need
- How can those themes be talked about in novel Life as we Knew by Susan Beth Pfeffer? Family/Relationships Government/Control Survival Technology (better or
- In a 2-ordered array of 2N elements, what is the maximum number of positions that an element can be from its position if the array were 1-ordered