Continue with the remaining questions on the back of this page
2. If there was no ECB infestation in a certain year, would a farmer gain or lose financially by planting Bt corn? Explain why?
3. What might happen if Bt corn affects non-target organisms such as beneficial insects or harmless insects?
4. What might happen if ECB became resistant to Bt?
5. Discuss possible benefits and drawbacks of a transgenic organism such as Bt corn?
6. A farmer planted a field of Bt 123 corn and wants to estimate the yield in terms of bushels per acre. He counts 22 ears in 1/1000 of an acre. He determines that each ear has about 700 kernels on average. He also knows that a bushel contains about 90 000 kernels on average. What is the farmer’s estimate of yield in bushels/acre?
Recently Asked Questions
- SOC/110 Create an agenda for a team meeting on a topic of your choice. Draw from your own experience working within a group with the goal of achieving a
- (Buy and sell Maple Syrup in a competitive international market) The Canadian demand for maple syrup is captured by the function Qd = 1040 − p, where p is
- Year-to-date, Company O had earned a -6.8 percent return. During the same time period, Company V earned 9.05 percent and Company M earned 2.08 percent. If you