Continue with the remaining questions on the back of this page
2. If there was no ECB infestation in a certain year, would a farmer gain or lose financially by planting Bt corn? Explain why?
3. What might happen if Bt corn affects non-target organisms such as beneficial insects or harmless insects?
4. What might happen if ECB became resistant to Bt?
5. Discuss possible benefits and drawbacks of a transgenic organism such as Bt corn?
6. A farmer planted a field of Bt 123 corn and wants to estimate the yield in terms of bushels per acre. He counts 22 ears in 1/1000 of an acre. He determines that each ear has about 700 kernels on average. He also knows that a bushel contains about 90 000 kernels on average. What is the farmer’s estimate of yield in bushels/acre?
Recently Asked Questions
- A solid aluminum sphere of radius r1=0.036m is charged with q1=4.4uC (Microcoulomb) of electric charge. It is surrounded concentrically by a spherical copper
- we refer to changes in the way we think about how long something or how far away people are as?
- Please help me with this work. Please show work so that I can understand the concepts. You will be greatly rewarded.