Select 4 multiple choice and 1 short answer questions.
For the multiple choice questions, indicate why the correct answer is correct and why each of the wrong answers are wrong.
For the short answer question, answer the question correctly with explanations
Multiple choice questions: Select 4, why the correct answer is correct and why each of the wrong answers is wrong.
1) Oxidation –reduction reactions are tremendously important in allowing a cell to generate energy and access energy. A molecule that gains electrons as a result of an oxidation reduction reaction is said to be?
C) Negatively charged
D) positively charged
2) According to chargaff’s determination f base composition, which of the following would characterize any sample of DNA? (Select all correct answers)
3 - Which of the following statements is true for tRNAs?
A)The number of tRNA genes is the same as the number of different tRNAs .
B)There are more tRNA genes than different tRNAs, and more tRNAs than amino acids.
C)There are more different tRNAs than there are different triplet codons.
D) There are the same numbers of tRNA s as there are amino acids.
4) The bonds that form between cysteine molecules most likely play a role in a protein?
D) Quaternary structure
E) Enzymatic capabilities
5) All of the following are considered post-transcriptional modifications that occurs in the nucleus except.
A)5᾽ capping with methylated quanine
B)The addition of a 3᾽ poly adenine tail
C)The excision of introns form mRNA via splicesosome formation
D)The attachment of mRNA to polyribosomes
E)Stabilization of mRNA by snRNPs
6) The longevity of mRNA is related to:
A)The length of the poly (A) tail
B)The 5᾽ cap on the mRNA
C)All of these are correct
D)None of these are correct
7) The production of carbon dioxide as a result of respiration represents a/an
A)Decrease in entropy of the system
B)Increase in entropy of system
C)Decrease in entropy of universe
D)Increase in entropy of universe
8) The reducing power oxidation state of a molecule is tremendously important in metabolism. Which one the following represents the most reduced state of carbon
9) Do you think it would be theoretically possible to have a genetic code with only two letters, A and T? Given 21 amino acids, what would be the minimum number of nucleotides required to make a codon?
Short answer questions: Select 1 answer the question correctly with explanations.
1) How many amino acids are in the peptide encoded by the wild type sequence shown below?
Indicate the type of mutation depicted below?
How many amino acids are in the peptide encoded by the mutant sequence?
WT: ATG CCG ACA TCT TCA TGC TAG CCA CAA ATG ATA ACC CCA TGA
Mutations: ATG CCG ACA TTT CAT GCT AGC CAC AAT GAT TAA CCC CAT
2) Name three families of transcription factors and describe their distinguishing features
3) The molecular weight of dsDNA = (# bp*660g/M). How many moles of a 3 kb template are represented in the reaction above?
Dear Student Please find... View the full answer