9. Consider a squid axon bathed in seawater under artificial conditions, and the following ion concentrations:
[K]i = 350 mM, [K]o = 10 mM, [Na]in = 55 mM, [Na]o = 470 mM.
Predict equilibrium potentials EK and ENa at a temperature of 13oC. Assuming that the Na permeability of the cell
membrane is 1/50 that of the K permeability, predict the resting potential, Em, assuming that Cl is in equilibrium.
10. Adjacent to the neuron is a glial cell, which has no sodium channels in the plasma membrane.
Predict its resting potential, using the ion concentrations provided in Problem 10.
Recently Asked Questions
- Let g( x ) be the reflection of f( x ) = x 2 +3 in the x-axis. What is the function rule for g( x )?
- Are the Japanese high-context communicators or low-context communicators?
- 1. ANZ is offering a product that pays out $3,000 quarterly from the end of Mar 2021 to the end of Dec 2030 with annual interest rate 6% compounded