I had exam and I got bad grade
this is extra credit
Section I - Extra Credit
The following are extra activities that can be completed to help with your grade on Exam 1. You may choose one activity that will partially raise your exam grade, for instance if you scored a C on exam 1, then by completing the extra credit you can raise your grade to a C+ .
Read through the various activities and see which may interest you. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Make sure that you post your work by the due date that is listed. Completed extra credit that comes in after the due date will not be accepted.
Watch the following video at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/climate-of-doubt/?elq=208dcda3b9db48b099d26a479702069d&elqCampaignId=688 (Links to an external site.)
Write a 1.5-page report (in your own words) on the video addressing each section: 1) what you learned, 2) why the topic is important, 3) some of the challenges that were addressed, and 4) what can be done to help ameliorate one of the problems discussed in the video.
Self-guided field trip. A self-guided field trip is a opportunity for you to explore the world around you. Choose from the following activities/locations:
- Hike to the top of Centerville Peak http://www.localhikesbeta.com/Hikes/Centerville-Peak-1301 (Links to an external site.)
- Hike the Frary Peak Trail (highest peak on Antelope Island) http://www.climb-utah.com/WM/frary.htm (Links to an external site.)
- Visit the Ogden Nature Center http://www.ogdennaturecenter.org/ (Links to an external site.)
- Visit the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge http://www.fws.gov/refuge/bear_river_migratory_bird_refuge/ (Links to an external site.)
- Visit the Natural History Museum of Utah http://nhmu.utah.edu/ (Links to an external site.)
Please write a half-page report on your experience and why you chose the particular trip. Include dated receipt, photos (dated) and/or any other item that will show what activity you did.