Global business to consumer e-commerce is soon expected to surpass $3 trillion dollars in sales. Needless to say, electronic commerce is revolutionizing the way we do business. You may find these articles interesting. They represent various thoughts and predictions for the future of e-commerce. By doing a search of the Internet or by other research methods, find a business or organization that has adopted an e-commerce business model
1) What was the main driving force or strategy behind the organization's decision to deploy e-commerce?
2) Has the adoption of e-commerce changed their traditional business model? In what ways?
3) From table 10-5 on page 384 of the Laudon text, identify which Internet business model closely resembles the e-commerce model of this organization?
4) Does their e-commerce business conflict with their traditional bricks and mortar business or does it enhance the traditional offering? Explain.
5) What role, if any, does social networking play in the marketing strategy of the organization?
6) Who are the organization's main competitors? How does this organization differentiate their e-commerce web site / offerings from their competitors?
7) What impact has the deployment of e-commerce had on the organization's relationship with customers and suppliers?
8) Has the e-commerce aspect of their business been successful?
9) What recommendations would you make, if any, to improve the organization's web site or e-commerce features?