There is a theory that motivation can only come from within; however, as a manager, you will have the responsibility to not only manage the daily activities of your employees but to also motivate them.
Understanding the individual characteristics of your employees is important because this allows you to have a personal approach based on their personality rather than relying solely on your leadership style. Having a strong understanding of motivational theories will aid in your ability to motivate personnel.
In this chart complete the following:
- Give a complete description of your understanding of the motivational theory.
- What type of environment or situation would be best suited to each theory? Give an example of a situation you have experienced or a situation in which you believe this would have been a good fit.
- Describe the pros and cons of each theory.
Recently Asked Questions
- A new drug is being tested with satisfaction ratings between 0 to 11. Three different methods of compression are being tested; 5, 10 & 15. And four levels
- This case requires knowledge of communicable disease, increased risk of infection secondary to preterm birth, intravenous therapy, as well as mother-child
- Is a security deposit(short term) an asset? Current asset?