31. The Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) applies to:
a. Private employers with at least two employees and at least $500K in volume of business.
b. Public employers.
c. Security service firms and companies.
d. All of the above.
e. a. and c.
32. T F Professional baseball is subject to antitrust enforcement.
33. T F An employer can be fined for violating IRCA if it had any reason to
suspect that a worker's documents were forged or inaccurate at the time of
34. T F Generally, an employer can look at an employee's business email that is
created/received on the employer's email system.
35. T F Employers are required to offer pensions under ERISA.
36. Disparate-treatment discrimination is:
a. A case in which the plaintiff has produced sufficient evidence of his/her claim.
b. A form of discrimination that results when an employer intentionally discriminates against employees who are members of protected classes.
c. Discrimination that results from certain employer practices or procedures that, although not discrimination on their face, have a discriminatory effect.
d. Unintentional discrimination.
37. An employer must ____________________ religious practices of its employees.
a. Reasonably accommodate.
b. Allow Christian.
c. Allow all.
38. When the harassment of co-workers, rather than supervisors, creates a hostile working
environment, an employee ___________________________________________.
a. Does not have a cause of action.
b. May have a cause of action, if the employer did not know of the discrimination.
c. May have a cause of action if the employer knew or should have known of the discrimination.
d. None of the above.
39. The Age Discrimination In Employment ACT (ADEA) applies to:
a. Workers 60 years of age or older.
b. Workers 40 years of age or older
c. An employer with 20 or more employees.
d. b. and c.
40. T F Title VII prohibits discrimination based on a person's sexual orientation.