I have completed part two of my practice
exam, can some please review? And explain if wrong?
1. China imposes a 45 percent tax on the market value of all chickens that are imported from the U.S. into China. Another name for this type for tax is a(n):
c. Quota system
2. John was walking through Ontario Mills Mall and found a gym bag laying on the ground. Now he is trying to decide what to do next. Should he just walking and enjoy the "find" or should he turn it in to the mall's lost & found? This decision involves:
b. Relationship building
d. Anti-social behavior
3. In 1914, the United States prohibited the importation of Mexican avocadoes even though Mexico is the world's largest producer of the fruit. This prohibition remained in effect until 1996. The ban on importing Mexican avocadoes is an example of a(n):
a. Import quota
4. What us the most likely outcome if the Federal Reserve decides it wants to expand the amount of money in circulation.
a. Lower interest rates
b. Decreased economic growth
c. Higher unemployment
d. Lower inflation
5. Which of the following is an example of an ethical business activity?
a. The employment told several jokes that made fun of blonde women.
b. The employment reported to his supervisor
c. The employment used the company postage meter to mail letters to her family
d. The employee condoned (agree with) a fellow employee's use of alcohol on the job
6. The ____ is the value of one currency as measured against another currency
a. Inflation rate
b. Exchange rate
c. Deflation rate
d. Currency rate
7. According to Starbucks, it buys its coffee only from suppliers that "...ensure safe and humane working conditions, protect workers' rights, meet minimum wage requirements and adhere to all child and forced-labor criterial." This is part of its ____ efforts to support communities.
a. Product quality
b. Economic accountability
c. Social responsibility
d. Environmental leadership
8. ____ are all the individuals or groups to whom a business has a responsibility.
9. Balance of payments is the difference between exports and imports
10. In 2005, the government of Bangladesh spent $8.59 billion government programs, and had revenues of $5.993 billion. This indicates that Bangladesh, just like the United States, can have a(n):
a. Expansionary policy
b. A balance budget
c. Budget surplus
d. Budget deficit
11. _____ refers to standards of moral behavior
Recently Asked Questions
- Jerry opens a delicatessen specialising in selling sandwiches and rolls to health-conscious university students. He signs a one-year contract with Vogel Breads
- Under UCC Article 2, must warranties be in writing? If so, explain the reason for this policy. If not, how may warranties be created and explain the reason for
- Liquidators have both powers and duties - what are their duties and what is the rationale behind the imposition of these duties?