I need help solving these 3 questions in excel. Please help soon!
Your fi?rm is being sued for
gender discrimination, and you are evaluating the documents ?led by the plaintiff?'s lawyers. They claim that women's salaries are signi?ficantly less than men's, and base their claim on a sample of salaries taken from employees of your fi?rm. The sample data are included in the spreadsheet discrimination.xls. It has been established that the sample taken was random, and contains no sampling bias.
Because of the recent recession, many people who had been unemployed for a long period of time found themselves unquali?ed for jobs that were then available. The government established a jobs training program that provided training for these individuals. The training was provided in 2007 and 2008. You are to evaluate the e?ectiveness of this program in increasing the earnings of people who participated in the training. Use the data in the ?le training.xls.
Data come from the Current Population Survey (CPS), which has for a very long time been used for information about the United States labor force. It is scienti?cally conducted, and you can assume that there is no sampling bias in the selection of individuals to be included in the CPS. That is, the sample is representative of the entire U.S. population. Variables include:
• age: person's age in years
• educ: number of years of formal schooling
• black: equal to 1 if black, equal to 0 otherwise
• married: equal to 1 if married, equal to 0 otherwise
• nodegree: equal to 1 if person has high school diploma; 0 otherwise
• earn05: in?ation-adjusted earnings in 2005
• earn06: in?ation-adjusted earnings in 2006
• earn09: in?ation-adjusted earnings in 2009
• hisp: equal to 1 if Hispanic; 0 otherwise
• trained: equal to 1 if participated in job training program; 0 otherwise
Orinoco Inc. is a retail ?rm that provides online delivery from one of four domestic hubs (Chicago, Denver, St. Louis, and Memphis). For the past year, your ?rm has been using two delivery companies, National Express (NatEx), and Divided Wrapping Network (DWN), to deliver packages from these hubs. The two delivery companies have o?ered incentives to your company in return for agreeing to be their exclusive delivery company for the next 2 years. The incentive packages o?ered by the delivery companies are similar. You are a business analyst at Orinoco and have been tasked with deciding, based on relative value and performance, which delivery company will be awarded the exclusive contract.
Data from the past year are contained in the spreadsheet delivery data.xls. The spreadsheet contains data on the delivery of individual packages with information on
1. company: whether you used NatEx or DWN,
2. hub: the hub from which the package was delivered,
3. delivery: whether the package was on time or late,
4. weight: the weight of the package,
5. distance: the distance the package was shipped, and
6. price: the price charged for the delivery.
Recommend one shipping company to be the exclusive delivery company for Orinoco
Recently Asked Questions
- Why is Pop Art rejected unless it is being ironic?
- Company A desires a variable-rate loan but currently has a better deal from the fixed-rate market at a rate of 11%. If Company A borrows from the variable-rate
- For the following bond, Par value: 1,000 Coupon rate: 8% paid annually Time to maturity: 3 years Interest rate: 4% What is the modified duration?