Case from Business Ethics textbook: Global McEthics: should McDonald's ethics be standardized across the
globe? (p. 38-42)
- Who are the key stakeholders and what does it mean to say we should take account of the interests of stakeholders in business decisions? Reference the specific stakeholders you deem most relevant (at least 3) to the case and how they are impacted. Give some examples of indirect stakeholders using the network model of stakeholder theory
- Some believe that business is just about winning, about making a profit, and therefore any legal means to this end are fair. Speak to this argument in contrast to the concepts of sustainability, corporate social responsibility and corporate citizenship?
- What are three key lessons that you learned from case relating to business ethics. Depth and substance of your thoughts are important.
-> Applicable ethical theories/concepts/terms
- Throughout short answers, it is important to actively apply key ethical theories/concepts/terms from your textbook and relate to case and answers. Highlight these in bold.
- It is useful to include definitions or descriptions for each theory/concept/term when used e.g. morality, ethical dilemma, accountability, utilitarianism etc
. - Aim to appropriately use and apply at least 10 ethics-related theories/concepts/terms throughout paper (in addition to those highlighted in short answer questions).