Explore a business related problem and produce a well-defined Problem definition statement supported by a set of
user and System requirements.
The Scenario for this Question is Given Below:
PC World(PCW) is a medium-sized company that sells over 50 different types of computer products. The company has grown steadily in the last 2 years mainly due its popularity over the Internet. They are finding it increasingly difficult to cope up with all of the paperwork associated with tracking orders due to the increase of number of orders. The Managing Director is frustrated by the problems associated with previous traditional 'waterfall' projects. He has decided that PCW will use a company with Agile development experience to develop the software for a new order tracking system.
JJLP Software (JJLP) is a software development consultant. JJLP is located on the same industrial estate as PCW. JJLP has purpose built rooms for Facilitated Workshops and Agile software development projects. The Managing Director of PCW has decided to contract JJLP, on "time and materials" basis, for the development of the new order tracking system using an Agile development approach.
The new order tracking system will replace the old paper based system and is likely to include some of the following functionalities:
· Receive a sales order via telephone, fax, post or email - carried out by an Order Handling Clerk;
· Contains an acknowledgement copy of the sales order with a delivery date after the order has been confirmed with the warehouse - carried out by a Warehouse Operative ;
· Contains an acknowledgement copy of the sales order stating the item is out of stock and the date it will be available after the order has been confirmed with the warehouse - carried out by a Warehouse Operative;
· Credit-check new customers and reject them if they are not creditworthy - carried out by an Order Handling clerk
· Contains a daily report of orders that have been dispatched - carried out by the Production Manager;
· Contains an invoice for business customers after the delivery - carried out by the Chief Accountant (M)
· Accept credit card payment from domestic customers after the order has been confirmed with the warehouse - carried out by an Order Handling Clerk;
· Contains a final demand if a business customer has not paid an invoice after 30 days - carried out by the Chief Accountant;
The new order tracking system should have the following levels of access:
· report only;
· update only;
· update and delete;
· complete system access;
· All acknowledgement copies of sales orders, invoices and final demands must be printed on the relevant company headed forms;
· The new order tracking system should be able to print acknowledgement copies of sales orders, invoices and final demands at a rate of 1 in every 5 seconds. However, an upper limit of 10 seconds would be acceptable.
PC World (PCW) is a medium-sized enterprise which deals with more than 50 types of different computer related products. In... View the full answer