Your CIO has asked you to research the hosting costs to host the company's website in the cloud rather than the
company's legacy data center. The company's website is critical brand representing the company's vision and values in addition to it's product catalog. The site is also used to reach customer service and support for its products.
You're met with Becky, your technical architect, and she provided the basic technology requirements for the website which runs using a content management system.
- 2 Web servers (2 CPU, 8 GB RAM)
- 2 Application servers (2 CPU, 8 GB RAM)
- 2 Database servers (2 CPU, 3.75 - 4 GB RAM)
- Storage: 2000GB
- Content Delivery Network: 500GB
- Determine the Support Plan required
You will use both Amazon Web Services calculator and Microsoft Azure Pricing calculator to compare costs to host in either of their cloud-based environments.
Amazon Web Services Calculator: https://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html (Links to an external site.)
Microsoft Azure Pricing Calculator: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/
Recently Asked Questions
- How to use global analysis in business management and administration?
- What is Quality Assurance (QA) when dealing with federal contracts? List and explain 2 Contractor responsibilities regarding QA in FAR Part 46. 46.101
- Mick Karra is the manager of MCZ Drilling Products, which produces a variety of specialty valves for oil field equipment. Recent activity in the oil fields has