1. Produce a critique of the use of generic frameworks to guide strategic decision-making. Use appropriate examples to explore how this approach can be effective and where it poses challenges and difficulties. Discuss alternatives to the use of frameworks.
2. Scan the media to identify an enterprise of interest and then summarize the major strategic issues that it currently faces. Consider how and why the enterprise might misdiagnose these issues. What could it do to avoid such mistake?
Answer these two questions. Reconcile them using the textbook readings, personal experience, and research to develop an answer to the questions posed?
Pitt, M., & Koufopoulos, D. N. (2012). Essentials of Strategic Management. London: Sage. ISBN: 9781849201872
Magretta, J. (2012). Understanding Michael Porter: The Essential Guide to competition and strategy. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press. ISBN: 9781422160596
Recently Asked Questions
- Two critical factors used to distinguish experimental designs from most non-experimental designs are
- BSBWOR302A - PROMOTE TEAM EFFECTIVENESS Activity 3 Aeroplane engine maintenance facility During the 80s the engine maintenance facility of a leading
- Suppose a property can be bought for $2,500,000 and it will provide $200,000/year net cash flow forever, and you can borrow a perpetual interest-only mortgage