1. Produce a critique of the use of generic frameworks to guide strategic decision-making. Use appropriate examples to explore how this approach can be effective and where it poses challenges and difficulties. Discuss alternatives to the use of frameworks.
2. Scan the media to identify an enterprise of interest and then summarize the major strategic issues that it currently faces. Consider how and why the enterprise might misdiagnose these issues. What could it do to avoid such mistake?
Answer these two questions. Reconcile them using the textbook readings, personal experience, and research to develop an answer to the questions posed?
Pitt, M., & Koufopoulos, D. N. (2012). Essentials of Strategic Management. London: Sage. ISBN: 9781849201872
Magretta, J. (2012). Understanding Michael Porter: The Essential Guide to competition and strategy. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press. ISBN: 9781422160596
Recently Asked Questions
- Case 1: Primary Care Financial Management The Health Center Program provides grants to nonprofit private and public entities that serve
- A hands on practice-- The intention of this assignment is to apply the concepts to real world situations. Write well-- Use and refer to all the concepts in our
- Suppose you borrow $6,000 of principal that must be repaid at the end of two years, along with interest of 4 percent a year. If the annual inflation rate turns