As the Provincial Manager for a financial services firm, you are well regarded within your company and especially by many of the 82 employees who work within your division.
Due to a downturn in business revenues, created in large part by the slowing economy, you have been advised by the Chief operating officer that employee layoffs may be forthcoming. Also employee perks such as athletic membership subsidies and the holiday party will potentially be eliminated in the near future.
A recent article in national business newspaper highlighted that the departing CEO is rumoured to be receiving a $30 million dollar financial package.
Your goal is to keep morale high as your division consistently leads all others in profitability and revenue growth.
Develop a document that answers the following.
- What strategies would you use to keep moral high?
- What theory(lies) you deal with the newspaper articles's content if questioned by employees?
- How would you deal with the newspaper article's content if questioned by employees?
- Whom would you consult with in dealing tis matter? What information/advice would you seek?
You are a senior manager in the accounting department of a software development company. You have been promoted throughout your 10 years at the company based on your ethical approach to financial reporting and timely completion of your work.
Following recent senior management changes, A new Chief Financial officer has joined the company. They have an aggressive view of financial reporting-make the numbers work for the company.
Develop a document that answers the following:
- What affect can an aggressive approach to financial reporting have on your key stakeholders?
- Evaluate the benefits and consequences of this new, aggressive approach.
- What would you do if you are not comfortable adopting this aggressive treatment of reporting? What options would you consider?
- Do you consider this new approach to be ethical? State your reasoning for your answer to this question.
- How would deal with staff who share with you their concerns about new reporting approach?
After working on your question, I... View the full answer