- Conrad and Clara are discussing the decision of the United Auto Workers to establish the Public Review Board. Conrad argues that the board is ineffective because it nearly always endorses decisions of the UAW executive board. Clara disagrees, arguing that the review board has been quite willing to overturn executive board rulings. Who is correct?
A. Both Conrad and Clara are partially correct. B. Clara is correct. C. Conrad is correct. D. Neither Conrad nor Clara is correct.
Which of these statements is true regarding locals unions?
2. A. There's a strong correlation between the size of a national union and the number of locals. B. There's a moderate correlation between the size of a national union and the number of its locals. C. Most local union officers work alongside fellow workers at full-time jobs. D. The officer-election process at the national level is more democratic than the process for electing local officers.
3.Over the years, the judiciary has backed decisions of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) most of the time. When judicial rulings have been inconsistent with respect to prior NLRB rulings, the main cause has been
A. economic recession. B. changing membership of the NLRB board. C. economic prosperity. D. the political party of the occupant of the White House.
4. Which of the following has not been considered a mandatory subject for collective bargaining?
A. Health insurance B. Retiree benefits C. Seniority D. The grievance procedure
Which of these statements is true regarding the Taft-Hartley Act?
A. It offers no support for organized labor. B. It overturned the specification of unfair employer practices. C. Amendments to the act banned captive audience meetings. D. It didn't displace the Wagner Act.
Recently Asked Questions
- struggling with this question. need some help on it
- How to determine if the signal x(t) that x(t)=1 when -1<t<1, otherwise, x(t)=0,can be fully recovered from sampled data points under ideal sampling with an
- What are the tested criteria for each following factor in line with Apparel industry? Work Scheduling Compensations Working Condition Working Style Job