With whom did Aaron Copland study while he was in Paris?
A. Arnold Schoenberg B. Béla Bartók C. Nadia Boulanger D. Igor Stravinsky
2. Which of the following musical traditions was most familiar to American colonists in the seventeenth century?
A. German B. Canadian C. Native American D. English
3. The score for Star Wars includes music by
A. Beethoven. B. Mahler. C. Mozart. D. Tchaikovsky.
4. No two performances of The Unanswered Question are the same because
A. it's unmetered. B. it's improvised. C. Charles Ives never wrote it down. D. orchestras are different sizes.
5. Miles Davis's 1969 album Bitches Brew was called "fusion" because it combined
A. bebop and hard bop. B. jazz and rock. C. jazz and classical. D. African and European popular music.
6. Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker were two musicians who helped to creat new style of jazz called
A. scat. B. bebop. C. the blues. D. jazz rock
7. Carnegie Hall was built
A. in the late nineteenth century. B. just after the Revolutionary War C. during the Civil War. D. just after World War I.
8. Charles Ives wrote all of the following except
A. The Unanswered Question. B. the Concord Sonata. C. Three Places in New England. D. Appalachian Spring.
9. Which of the following was not a result of film scores being created almost entirely with synthesizers and computers?
A. Film composers ceased to be important. B. Musicians lost their jobs. C. Film scores were created with a greater variety of sounds. D. Movie makers saved money.
10. Which of the following was the first professor of music at Harvard and the leader of a group of Bostonian romantic composers?
A. George Bristow B. Louis Moreau Gottschalk C. John K. Paine D. Amy Beach
Recently Asked Questions
- Identify the similarities and differences in the approaches to quality taken by Deming, Juran, and Crosby.
- Ignore income taxes. Assume no beginning or ending inventories. Panalon produces cast iron dutch ovens (a deep pot with a lid that can be used on a
- To test whether demand is downward sloping, you should: A) look at the sign on the Income coefficient and conclude that the demand is downward sloping if the