I am trying to determine the correct government contract type for a service acquisition contract requiring cybersecurity support 24/7/365. See details below. I think a CPFF government contract type may be it, since it is not possible to determine how many cybersecurity incidents may occur over a given time period, therefore it is not simply providing a specified level of effort. Thoughts?
Part 1. Determine the Contract Type
You are a Contracting Specialist for the US Air Force. The program office that you are supporting has a requirement for highly specialized support for the operations and defense (i.e., cybersecurity) of the entire "Enterprise Network" (all USAF owned networked computers and servers, including email). The selected Contractor must provide 24x7x365 monitoring and operations services through an array of strategic tasks to ensure the availability and security of the network and remain responsive to the demands of the warfighters. This support will enable the USAF to maintain a tightly integrated, agile, defensible, survivable network capable of supporting highly distributed operations as well as an efficient and effective business enterprise.
- Explain what contract type (FAR Part 16) would you select for this procurement and why?
- Discuss why other contract types were not selected.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from 7.1.pdf.
- Can you tell me of two corporate governance challenges that might be faced by Best Buy as a result of its rapid growth and why they could become corporate
- What do you believe were the most and least effective forms of revolutionary behavior exhibited in this time period? Explain why you chose these examples