I am trying to determine the correct government contract type for a service acquisition contract requiring cybersecurity support 24/7/365. See details below. I think a CPFF government contract type may be it, since it is not possible to determine how many cybersecurity incidents may occur over a given time period, therefore it is not simply providing a specified level of effort. Thoughts?
Part 1. Determine the Contract Type
You are a Contracting Specialist for the US Air Force. The program office that you are supporting has a requirement for highly specialized support for the operations and defense (i.e., cybersecurity) of the entire "Enterprise Network" (all USAF owned networked computers and servers, including email). The selected Contractor must provide 24x7x365 monitoring and operations services through an array of strategic tasks to ensure the availability and security of the network and remain responsive to the demands of the warfighters. This support will enable the USAF to maintain a tightly integrated, agile, defensible, survivable network capable of supporting highly distributed operations as well as an efficient and effective business enterprise.
- Explain what contract type (FAR Part 16) would you select for this procurement and why?
- Discuss why other contract types were not selected.
Recently Asked Questions
- Lionel is an unmarried law student at State University Law School, a qualified educational institution. This year Lionel borrowed $24,000 from County Bank and
- What are the most important intermolecular forces? What are the mechanisms by which these intermolecular forces work?
- Why is it said that coal is one of the dirtiest forms of energy in use? how can this be improved?