1. Review the simulated workplace information for Apparel Brands Pty Ltd in Appendix 1.
2. In consultation with your assessor:
a. form a team
b. agree to meet to discuss team objectives and develop performance plans for each team member.
3. Prepare to work with your team and complete the following:
a. Consider several strategies to ensure each team member has input into the planning process.
b. Develop several policies designed to ensure team members take responsibility for their own work.
c. Consider team goals and how your team can achieve goals.
d. Consider strategies for gaining consensus among your team.
e. Consider group behaviour and how best to present your ideas and work effectively within the group.
f. Review the third-party report in Appendix 3 to ensure that you are familiar with the team performance expectations.
g. Prepare to take notes to provide evidence of team meeting.
4. In team meeting, consult to establish ground rules for teamwork:
a. propose and agree on strategies for ensuring participation of team members
b. develop policy and procedures to ensure team members take responsibility for their own work; these should contain ground rules for group work to ensure fairness and high performance.
c. seek ideas for the way in which the team would like to have their successes acknowledged, rewarded, celebrated and communicated.
d. have the team identify to you what support they would like to receive from you, and establish their expectations of your role and behaviour as a team leader.
5. Discuss and determine team goals and how goals can be achieved.
6. Referring to the task requirements in Appendix 1, assign and agree on responsibilities to achieve team goals:
a. Determine outcomes, outputs and KPIs for each team member - for example, determine agreed responsibilities, quality standards and how performance quality or achievement of tasks will be measured, i.e. number of pages of research, number of network contacts, number of credible sources, hours spent on research, number of coaching sessions conducted to improve performance of other team members, number of inputs into team meetings.
b. Ensure work is fairly distributed among team members.
7. Determine and agree on specific duties to support team members with assigned responsibilities.
8. Using the template provided in Appendix 2, develop an individual performance plan in consultation with your team to help achieve team goals:
a. Include your support duties in your individual performance plan.
b. Your performance plan should be at least three pages long.
c. Attach a separate statement that outlines your personal strategy to handle conflicts between team members, or between team members and yourself, and what actions you would take if you were unable to resolve a conflict.
Note: Together, all individual performance plans must achieve all team goals.
9. Ensure each team member completes the third-party report, included in Appendix 3, to provide evidence on your team performance.
10. Meet with your assessor to discuss your participation in team activities.
Recently Asked Questions
- What are some examples of the contemplative approach to reading, understanding and working with the Art of War.
- I'm looking for help with Case Impact Statement on Liebeskind v. rutgers university : explain the impact of this decision on employees and employers and state
- A byte is a single value of 0 or 1. True False Which of the following best defines an operating system (OS)? It is a set of programs for controlling and