O1: Discuss pros and cons of the appraisal method
· Graphic rating scale method
Pros: Simple to use and provides a quantitative rating for each employee
Cons: Standards may be unclear; halo effect, central tendency, leniency and bias can also be problems.
· Alternation ranking method
Pros: Simple to use and avoids central tendency and other problems of rating scales.
Cons: Can cause disagreements among employees and may be unfair if all employees are, in fact, excellent.
· Paired comparison method
· Forced distribution method
Pros: End up with a predetermined number or % of people in each group.
Cons: Employees' appraisal results depend on your choice of cutoff points.
· Critical incident method
· Narrative forms
· Behaviorally anchored rating scales
Q3: Provide four examples of how cultural differences affect human resource management
Recently Asked Questions
- "there is conflict of interest between the internal steak holders: employees, managers and owners" how I can discuss the areas of conflict between them, and
- The questions are : A borrower wants to borrow the book titled "PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF DATABASE SYSTEMS", but all of its copies are already borrowed by
- Relating to share markets, the efficient markets hypothesis suggests that: a.you should follow advice contained in an investor newsletter about a “hot”