O1: Discuss pros and cons of the appraisal method
· Graphic rating scale method
Pros: Simple to use and provides a quantitative rating for each employee
Cons: Standards may be unclear; halo effect, central tendency, leniency and bias can also be problems.
· Alternation ranking method
Pros: Simple to use and avoids central tendency and other problems of rating scales.
Cons: Can cause disagreements among employees and may be unfair if all employees are, in fact, excellent.
· Paired comparison method
· Forced distribution method
Pros: End up with a predetermined number or % of people in each group.
Cons: Employees' appraisal results depend on your choice of cutoff points.
· Critical incident method
· Narrative forms
· Behaviorally anchored rating scales
Q3: Provide four examples of how cultural differences affect human resource management
Recently Asked Questions
- Please help!! Can’t seem to figure this out. Thank you
- In order for lessons learned to be effective and usable by others a(n) ________ needs to be assigned to assure it is properly documented and understood. Owner
- 1. What is the yield to maturity for an 8 percent bond, paying coupon semi-annually that has 15 years until maturity and sells for $975? (5 points)