If a tutor can help get started on this project and guide me in the right direction I will appreciate it.
Final Project - 25% of the Grade
Final Project: E-Marketing Competitive Analysis (25 percent of final grade)
The final project is assigned in lieu of a final exam. The final project asks you to examine and assess real-world e-marketing competitive activities. This is your chance to apply and assess essential knowledge and skills in e-marketing. Your performance will be scored on a rubric indicating how successfully you meet specific standards. The final project, due to complexity and length, will be graded within 1 week after the due date for on-time submissions.
Prepare Your Final Project as Follows
You are asked to select a specific product or service that you are interested in purchasing from two e-competitors. For example, you may choose to purchase an interactive video player for your niece from the Wal-Mart or Best Buy websites. The item or service must cost at least $300 in order to create a significant purchase that requires the sellers to overcome online buyers' concerns and enable effective online commerce.
You must get your instructor's approval for the product or service and the two e-competitors you will assess. See the course schedule and the Weekly Announcements for the due date for submitting your product or service.
Once you have gained approval, you will be asked to assess how effectively your pre-selected e-competitor's website serves your buyer needs, using the marketing mix (4P).
Product or Service Strategy (Customer)
- How, specifically, does the product/service benefit the user?
- Identify key value proposition message(s).
- Identify target segment(s) served.
- Why do they buy (luxury, worthwhile, comfort, instant or deferred gratification)?
- How well does the website content help the user/buyer decide?
- How well does the website answer specific buyers' questions?
Note: Value = Perceived Benefits less - (Price Paid + Transaction Costs + Opportunities Lost)
- What are the key transaction costs in this offer beyond list price?
- Identify key pricing approach(es) (predatory, coupons, skimming, frequent user discounts, other).
- Explain base price + extras; possibly options or monthly fees.
- What evidence shows the site is secure in terms of your personal information?
- Are warranty issues covered (duration, dispute resolution, return policy)?
- Psychographics: why, specifically, does your buyer choose this e-product/service?
- How effective are key selling messages on the site?
- What does epinions.com or a similar site say about the offer?
- How are traditional marketing and e-marketing media blended by competitors?
- How are new media (social media; mobile media) used by your e-competitors?
- Does the website fit the company's image (luxury/quality/price)?
- Is that image coherent throughout the site?
- Does the art support or interfere with the message?
- How well does the site promote itself (up-sell) within its own pages?
- What is the market scope (regional, national or global)?
- What is the method of delivery (direct to you, via intermediaries, other)?
- What evidence is there of customer service effectiveness?
- What evidence is there of customer relationship management effectiveness?
- Is there access to e-mail and/or phone communication from the website?
- Is there access to text message response or web chat from the website and/or other social media sites?
- Is there access to menus, the site index, and the home page from each screen?
- Are there accessible navigation aids (buttons, screen visibility, position)?
- Is there simplicity of flow (two clicks to info; three clicks to buy)?
- Do external web links assist the user?
Use your instructor as your consultant during your project.
Use texts, research, and analysis to convert these into possibilities - the fifth "P."
The fifth P is your e-competitor improvement recommendations and lessons learned from your assessment experience. Consult our grading rubric for guidance.
Final Project Grading Criteria
This activity is 25 percent of your course grade. In the grade book, project points will be set to 25 among project elements as follows:
Recently Asked Questions
- Struggling on a couple of these questions involving ratios and percentages. Help is appreciated. Thanks
- How important is EHR adoption to accreditation and reimbursement from agencies such as the CMS?
- A population has a mean u=81 and a standard deviation o=28. Find the mean and standard deviation of a sampling distribution of sample means with a sample