1. Proximate cause is the determination that the defendant's breach of duty resulted directly in the plaintiff's injury. ( True or False ? )
2. The idea that we should interact with other people in a manner consistent with the manner in which we would like for them to interact with us is called the ______.
( a. Purpose-Driven Life Rule / b. Ethical Self-Actualization Rule / c. Eighth Commandment of the Ten Commandment / d. Golden Rule / e. Ninth Commandment of the Ten Commandments )
3. The universalization test is sometimes called the television test, for it requires us to imagine that our actions are being broadcast on national television. ( True or False )
4. Power of attorney is a specific form of ________ authority that grants an agent specific powers.
( a.expressed/ b. implied / c. court ordered / d. inferred )
5. In a negligence action, a measurement of a person s duty of care is the _____.
( a.an actual cause / b. Reasonable person standard / c.duty / d. Proximate cause )
6. An order of relief provides that a bankruptcy proceeding ________.
( a. Can continue / b. Must cease within 30 days / c. must cease immediately/ d. Is waved )
7. Duties that the principal and agent owe each other are _______ by law
( a. Expressly stated / b.implied/ c.negated / d.articulated )
8. In a(n) ________ agency, the principal's conduct falsely projects that another person serves as the agent.
( a. apparrent/ b.confidential / c. implied/ d. Independent )
9. Strict liability is liability due an intentional act or negligence. ( True or False )
10. Which of the following refers to the extent to which, as a matter of policy, a defendant may be held liable for the consequences of his actions?
( a. Proximate cause/ b.actual cause/ c.cause in fact/ d.constructive cause/ e. Contributory cause )
1 False 2 Golden rule 3 False 4 Expressed 5... View the full answer